This rapidly-growing site about the history of Waitrose was launched in the autumn of 2012. Run by volunteer employees and ex-employees, the site records the changing face of retail since Messrs Waite, Rose and Taylor opened their first shop in Acton in 1904.
The Waitrose Memory Store site was commissioned by the Archives department at John Lewis. CommunitySites provided the software and the training. The site is now part of a network of three sites, together with the John Lewis Memory Store and the John Lewis Partnership Memory Store.